Monday, July 30, 2007

Arenas' 100,000 Shot Challenge



In Gilbert Arena's recent blog entries he discusses several things, including a personal challenge to himself to make 1000,000 shots over a stretch of 73 days.

"Right now I’m in the middle of making 100,000 shots over 73 days. It’s a little mini-series I do. Right now I’m shooting 69.7 percent from the three-point line and I’m shooting 79.3 percent, I think, from the college three. There’s three people that rebound and tally my makes and misses. One kid is Jared, he’s a ball boy and there’s also Drew Cleary, our strength coach, and Brian Chase. He’s actually trying to make the team and doing it with me."

On Sticking to his diet:

"I’m still on my diet too. It’s going well, I’m ripped baby! Of course I’m still tempted by Cheetos. I just said I’m still on a diet, but I didn’t say I don’t cheat away from the diet. Of course I do. I’m an American! We eat bad!

Kobe Bryant lost 20 pounds, so that’s good. I’ll body him. I gained seven pounds, but this is a good seven. I’m at four percent body fat now. I was at 11 percent body fat when I got hurt. So I’m down to four percent and it’s all muscle, cut up, you know, looking diesel."

On Team USA:

"Team USA should do well this year. I was looking at the roster and they’re finally putting a roster together that looks like it can compete -- they got shooters, they got all around players. I don’t know about some of the players, I’m not sure if they’re really USA Basketball material, but at the end of the day if they pick it, they pick it. It needs to be a versatile roster in the end."

Check out Gilbert's Agent 0 blog here.

Labels: , , ,



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home