Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Wizards Cast a Dry Spell on Mavs



I hate to say it but just hours after I submit a blog heralding the Dallas Mavericks as such a great team, they run into a bit of Wizardry in Washington and have their streak ended cruelly. With this in mind, I will try to use my premonition/power wisely and make sure I end other teams' bad losing streaks by writing about them, or stop those teams who we really don't like from winning games ;)

All that said, the Mavs are still a force in the West. Any team can really beat any team, any night, and we know that more so over the past few seasons. Look at the Bobcats beating the Spurs in OT this year. Look at the Hawks improbable run early this year. Look at the Nets handing the Jazz their first loss, then the Nets going on a bad 6 game losing streak later. There's no clear front-runner yet. Even the Pistons had their win streak ended Sunday. It's hard to crown a champion, yet, but we may have an even greater picture, say come All-Star weekend.

So the Wizards defeat the Mavs 106-97 tonight. I don't have league pass so I can't comment on why the Mavs lost, I can only speculate that they were out of energy. It's always tougher to play away from home in hostile environments. Avery Johnson seemed to comment that the Mavs had to play from behind to catch up and couldn't do it. Not a good sign. My only problem with this, next up for Dallas is my Nets, in New Jersey. The Nets have a good chance to feel the wrath of a defeated Mavs team tomorrow night in Jersey.

And if you have a team on a bad losing streak, let me know, I'll try to end that through the powers of this blog..

Labels:



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home