Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fantasy Trade for King James



I was recently offered quite a trade in my fantasy league. The trade proposed to me was from someone offering me Lebron James and Stephen Jackson for Emeka Okafor and Tracy McGrady.

While Lebron is ranked as the #1 fantasy basketball player, it would be silly to give up the stats Emeka is providing this season along with the (occasional) scoring abilities of T-Mac. Emeka fills up both the Forward and Center position making him a valuable commodity in a fantasy league. Of course, T-Mac gets knocked down with a concussion the day after I reject this trade, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe it will hit me later, but my strategy was to also draft some great Forward Centers on my team, including Mek. I honestly haven't followed Stephen Jackson's performance enough this season to know if he's even worth taking in a deal. T-Mac is definitely showing signs of being dare I say "washed up" at this point in his career and as if he'll be taking a backseat to Yao now. T-Mac's had the injury bug bothering him since last year, but I still would put him on my team over Jackson any day.

Labels:



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

1 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I wouldn't be able to let go of Lebron if I had him on my team. But acquiring Emeka really does sound tempting at this point. The sucky thing about a deal with both T-Mac and Emeka is that they both have a history of injury and they can be out for long periods of time like they have in the past. Lebron rules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home