Thursday, October 25, 2007

Love & Basketball Fantasy Team



I decided to enter a free head-to-head Fantasy NBA league over at Yahoo Fantasy Sports. I chose the competitive league, and basically the top 10 picks went as expected. For my first pick, I had a tough choice, Stoudamire or Duncan. Duncan seems to make more sense now as he qualifies at both Center and Forward. However Amare was ranked 9th, and is not bad at all. Good centers are hard to come by. I was happy that at the #9 position in the 12 team draft, I was able to snag D Wade with my #2 pick.

I present to you the 2007-08 Love & Basketball Fantasy squad:

1. Amare Stoudamire C
2. Dwyane Wade PG
3. J O'Neal PF/C
4. Joe Johnson PG
5. Corey Maggette SG
6. Raymond Felton PG
7. Stephen Jackson SG
8. Boris Diaw PF
9. Cuttino Mobley SG
10. Channing Frye PF
11. Devin Harris PG
12. Paul Milsap SF
13. Mike James PG

My strategy in most of these is to load up on guys capable of playing the PF/C position as well as point guards, as these positions can really help your points night in and out with assists and rebounds plus their points. I also try to stay away from taking more than one guy from the same NBA team, but ended up with two Clippers (who both should contribute in Elton Brand's absence) and two Suns (a team that scores in bunches). So I'm not too disappointed. A little concerned over my picks of Amare, Wade and J O'neal though. While they are definitely superstars they have all been seriously injured in the past year or so. I'm banking on the fact they will continue to play this season and have all-star stats. The later picks are really question marks for me, because I'm not sure if any of these guys will contribute how I want them to, but that's what the waiver list is for.

Labels: , , ,



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home