Thursday, July 05, 2007

Telfair's Troubles



A Boston Herald article today looks at Sebestain Telfair, Boston Celtics' guard who has had his share of problems with the law. In the article, they talk to Telfair during NBA summer camp in Vegas, where Telfair is getting ready for the upcoming season.

Telfair reflects on his trouble with a gun charge. From BostonHerald.com:

“I’m the one who put myself in that situation, so if I want to understand why people are saying things, I have to look at myself,” Telfair said. “I kind of got a reality check by getting into trouble the way I did and the situation I was in. That kind of took me a step backward image-wise, but as a person and as a player, I’m not crying that it happened because I feel it made me look at some things that are going to help me in the long run.

“It may sound strange, but I’m happy that it happened to me. I understand that I should never ever put myself in a situation or position to jeopardize what I love to do. I think the biggest thing I learned from it is it’s not only me I’m hurting when something like that happens. I’m hurting a lot of people -- my team, the organization and my family.”

His troubles put him almost in the same category as Stephen Jackson, except at this point you'd have to give Jackson the nod for KO's and overall stats. Read the full BostonHerald.com article here.

Labels: , , ,



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home