Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gilbertology 101: The Takeover Reloaded



Gilbert Arenas always has some interesting things to talk about. He currently has a blog over at NBA.com where he discusses thing such as his offseason, the talks of Kobe wanting out of L.A. and about buying his very own island:

On Kobe Bryant's trade situation with the Lakers:

I mean, Shaq leaves, Phil Jackson leaves and now you want out? You know, I grew up an L.A. fan and as a fan of L.A. I don’t know what to feel like. I’m like, “Now wait a minute, you want to leave now?” I’m thinking as a fan, not a player. Wait a minute, I bought the 24 collection, you know? He signed 24 jerseys: 24 white, 24 purple, 24 yellow. I got all three colors. I’m a fan! I came back and it’s like, “Damn, he wants to leave no matter what?”

On Greg Oden and the 2007-08 season:

I just signed a four-year deal with Spalding. Me and Greg Oden. It’s commercials, product spots, etc. I am the “It Boy” of ’08 now. Oh, and I changed next season to The Sequel to The Takeover Reloaded because I didn’t get to finish last year the right way, I got hurt. So watch out for The Takeover Reloaded.

On wanting to buy his own island:

I’m really serious when I say this: I’m trying to buy an island.

Diana Ross has one. You know, if you look at property in the states, if you look at my house, I paid $2 million for it and then there’s an island for $1 million. I’m like, “Woah, I have to buy an island.”

I’m really looking into that.

Read Gilbert Arenas' blog at NBA.com here.

Labels: , , , ,



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home