Monday, July 23, 2007

Derek Fisher on Today Show



NBC's Today Show had an interview with recently signed Lakers guard, Derek Fisher who was asked to be released from his $20.6 million dollar contract to care for his baby, who has cancer.

From MSNBC.com:

In an exclusive interview, Fisher told TODAY co-host Matt Lauer why he feels he made the only decision he could when he asked the Utah Jazz and the league to release him from his lucrative contract after his daughter was diagnosed with retinoblastoma this spring.

“I think the decision was easier because it’s about Tatum, and it’s about my family,” the veteran guard told Lauer on Monday. “I think that the faith that I have in God, and the faith that I have in things always working out as they should, I felt confident that we’d be okay as a family."

Fisher now has a contract with the Lakers over the next 3 years worth about $14 million.

Read the full MSNBC story about Fisher's Today Show interview here.

Labels: , , ,



Subscribe to Love & Basketball Blog


Get Email Updates from this Blog:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share and Bookmark
 
Add to Google
 
 
 
 
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
 
 
Add to My AOL
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home